Fall Sectional 2021
As of now (September 18, 2021), the fall tournament (November 5-7, 2021) is a go. The ACBL has sanctioned it and the board is busy getting things together.
HOWEVER, the ACBL is looking at tournaments on a month-to-month basis. There is a possibility that between now and November the COVID rate in our area will rise enough that the ACBL is not willing to staff the tournament with ACBL directors. If that happens, we will run the tournament anyway, as a Unit tournament. This tournament is still sanctioned by the ACBL, but it is staffed by local directors and the masterpoint awards are lower.
(And, it has to be said, there is a remote possibility that the COVID rate will rise so high that public events are cancelled. We hope note, but we have to acknowledge the possibility. If that happens, we will inform you of the tournament cancellation as soon as possible.)
Whether it’s a standard sectional or a Unit game:
- ALL BRIDGE PLAYERS are welcome, whether you’re from the Denver unit or elsewhere.
- The tournament will be held at the Summit Event Center, 411 Sable Blvd., Aurora, CO 80011.
- Masks are required, worn correctly (covering the nose and mouth). Masks will be available at the site.
- Proof of vaccination is required. Both Denver Metro Bridge Studio and Arvada Bridge Club have been keeping track of vaccinations, and we will use those lists as a base. You can also email a photo or scan ahead of time to Partners@denverbridge.org, or you can show your vaccination card on the spot.
- We will have a couple of tables set up at the door, and we’ll manage the vaccination lists there. Everybody who has shown proof of vaccination will receive a wristband. You can wear it every day, in which case you won’t have to go through the proof process again, or get a new wristband by repeating the proof process.
EXCEPTION: You can request a waiver of the mask requirement and/or the vaccination requirement. To do this, you must fill out the exception request form and submit it at least two weeks before the tournament. The exception request form will be posted here in a couple of days. You can then print it, fill it out, and send it to Sectional@denverbridge.org. Be sure to read the fine print: You must also submit documentation, get a negative COVID test, and so on. If your request is approved, you must show it at the door to get your wristband.
It is possible that we will be able to accept payment for entries via credit card, as well as the usual cash and check. If you are paying by credit card, you must purchase the entry for your pair or your team — no charging more than one credit card. We also suggest bringing cash just in case there’s a problem with the credit card processing.
Arrive early, PLEASE
There will be a line for submitting proof of vaccination, and another line for buying your entry. Credit card processing takes longer than cash or check. You will be able to purchase your entry starting 45 minutes before game time. We can’t start the game until everybody has an entry, so please arrive early and avoid the traffic jam.